... Or parenthood from the male perspective.

... Or parenthood from the male perspective.

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Week 9 Day 2
            How am I going to get stuff done when the baby comes?
            I spent half the day dealing with a faulty battery in the pickup truck.  But I’m not sure how I’m supposed to be able to do things like that when 110 percent of my attention has to be on junior. 
            As summer approaches and the school year comes to a close, I usually have a list of things that need to get done around the house.  And doing these things makes me happy.  The patio.  Built in bookshelves.  Work in my shop. 
So yeah, I know that my priorities are going to change.  But does that mean the state of the household must suffer?  It feels like we hardly have time enough without a baby to get stuff done.  Where is the extra time going to come from that is needed to raise a child AND get everything done that needs to get done. 
Is being an ass inevitable?  Do we have to chose in which ways to become an ass?

1 comment:

  1. Boy, howdy, does the house suffer! When I was single, I vacuumed, dusted, weeded, did the bathrooms every week. Yes, it was lovely, but now nearly as lovely as when my messy toddler was smudging windows, smearing the shiny coffee table with his drool and throwing his toys in the toilet.

    ReplyDelete