... Or parenthood from the male perspective.

... Or parenthood from the male perspective.

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Week 8 Day 7

            Balancing work and family is going to be difficult for me.  I can already tell this.  I am one of the lucky few who actually GET to go to work.  I love my job and I find a great deal of satisfaction in it.  Increasing the size of our family would be much easier if I was counting down the minutes each day until I get to go home.  My hours are pretty irregular and I don’t mind staying a little later to get projects finished.
            I don’t want to be one of those parents who is so career driven that they sacrifice time with their kids for their jobs.  This is one thing that keeps me up at night.  One of many.
            I’m hoping the changes to come will be a good motivation for me to learn better time management and budgeting skills.  Because if my partner can’t count on me to be home when I say I am coming home…
            That would make me an ass.

1 comment:

  1. And what we called the "witching hours" between 4 and 6 were endless when I waited for relief and my hubby was late. The cranky factor is high for both child and parent after a long day together.

    ReplyDelete