... Or parenthood from the male perspective.

... Or parenthood from the male perspective.

Friday, January 6, 2012

Week 39 Day 3


   After watching my wife the last couple of days, I think I’ve been taking some of the things I do for granted.  You know, like bending over to pick up the cell phone I just dropped.  Or putting on my makeup.
Ok, so maybe I don’t use makeup but if I did, I might see that even a simple task like putting on lipstick might be inconvenienced if a big belly is pushing me away from the counter.
   One thing that makes this easier is the support from family and friends.  This necklace was given to us by my mother.  It’s a Native American pendant of an eagle symbolizing protection. 

While meant for the baby, I’m actually wearing it until the imminent arrival for which we are growing more and more impatient every day.  I hope the baby and grandma Jo don’t mind that I’m wearing it for now.  Not that I need a reminder, but it keeps me thinking good thoughts throughout the day.

2 comments: