... Or parenthood from the male perspective.

... Or parenthood from the male perspective.

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Week 7 Day 7

And the word is out.
            Up until now, we have been keeping the pregnancy under wraps, so to speak.  But as of today, the floodgates are open.  We told our bosses and coworkers and sent emails to extended family and friends.  It feels great to finally get this out in the open. 
            There are several reasons we have waited this long to tell.  Some of which I will not talk about out here or anywhere else because they are between me and my partner.  That’s where they will stay.
            But the point is that we didn’t come out of the pregnancy closet until we were both good and ready.  This is big news.  Maybe the biggest.  And if there is any reason at all for either one of us to wait, the other needs to respect that.  An ass might not do that.  An ass would out their partner before they were ready.
            Frankly, I have a hard time keeping secrets.  My mouth tends to say things without my thinking first which gets me into more trouble than I’d like to admit.  So it was especially hard for me to NOT talk about this, especially when I’m so proud and excited.  And I know there are family members who thought it would never happen now that I’m Thirty fmjhgjd years old. 
            But I can very confidently say that in keeping this secret, I was NOT an ass… well… except for that one email that I hit reply all to.  As Han Solo might say “It was not my fault”… 

No comments:

Post a Comment