... Or parenthood from the male perspective.

... Or parenthood from the male perspective.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Week 7 Day 3

  Ok, I was a little bit of an ass.
  So I was asked to prepare dinner last night so I got creative.  Maybe a little too creative.  My first choices were some kind of pork or buffalo burgers.  Neither of these sounded appetizing and I knew we had some chicken breasts in the freezer.  Chicken it is!
  Looking around for ingredients I brilliantly whipped up a nice southwest chicken breast with mango tomato relish on top and BAM!  Pretty impressive if I do say so myself.  Usually when I try to improvise something in the kitchen it ends up looking like something from Soylent Green, tasting like 6 year old astronaut food and sounding like it suffers from an identity crisis.  But this time, I have to say, was awesome.
  Except that my wife walked in the door immediately after coming home from work and beelined it right to the bedroom.  So while I was enjoying my spicy southwest chicken & mango relish, she later cooked up a cheese quesadilla.  Ie: some cheddar cheese on a plain flour tortilla.
  Note to self: When asked to make dinner, don’t try so hard. 
If I had it to do over again, I would have chopped up the chicken and cooked it up in a little oil and salt.  Adding a few of these pieces of chicken to the quesadilla would have been just as awesome.  And my wife would have gotten a little more of the protein that the embryo needs.
  On a side note, we are 52 days since conception.  There are tons of books out there showing the process from day one through delivery and I have to say this is a pretty miraculous process.  While less than an inch in size, the embryo already has most of it’s organs and structure developed.  Body, legs, arms, (head and shoulders knees & toes knees & toes), finger and toenails, intestines, heart, kidneys, lungs, ears, eyes.  Pretty much the first half of the first trimester is spent developing all these various body parts and organs.  The remaining two trimesters are spent just making the fetus bigger.  No wonder my wife is so tired all the time.  She’s making a whole person inside of her!
  So when asked to prepare dinner in the future, make something nice and bland unless specified.  Otherwise…
You might be an ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment