... Or parenthood from the male perspective.

... Or parenthood from the male perspective.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Week 7 Day 4

            I was just informed this morning that our embryonic growth is now peeing.  Right into the amniotic sac inside my wife.  I’m trying not to think about the fact that the same fluid my little boy/girl just peed in also circulates through its 53 day old digestive system.  On the one hand it’s an evolutionary miracle that I find fascinating.  On the other hand… gross.  It’s a miracle humans have made it this long or this far.
            So the umbilical cord that my future child is completely dependent on for survival is literally sucking the energy right out of my wife.  This explains all the necessary naps and 12 hours of sleep a night.  It also explains why we need to be so vigilant about what she eats, drinks and inhales.  There are lots of studies and evidence detailing this fact.  If you’re reading this, you’re probably smart enough to find that information yourself.  But as a man I don’t have to worry about what I eat or drink anymore, right?  Except that doesn’t really sound fair to her.  So think about this the next time you’re pounding back a beer or enjoying that 4th glass of wine and she’s sitting across from you with that sad puppy dog look on her face clearly wishing she could join you. 
            Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should.  So for your partner’s sake eliminate the use of alcohol.  Don’t think you can do it?
            That might make you an ass.

1 comment:

  1. Could have live my entire life without knowing that a baby pees into the amniotic sac. I think my my mind's eye is much too vivid.

    ReplyDelete