... Or parenthood from the male perspective.

... Or parenthood from the male perspective.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

24 Days Old


   Every week brings new firsts.  This week bestowed upon me the wonderful experience of bottle feeding my daughter for the first time.  I’ve heard this can be a pretty big deal for breastfed infants.   Fortunately, mine took the bottle like a pro… at first.  She took less than two ounces but didn’t exactly finish with a smile.  I think she realized it wasn’t the same thing. 
   What I didn’t anticipate is the impact it had on my wife.  As we discussed it later, the realization that our daughter no longer needed food via my wife's boob had a negative impact on her.  I can only imagine what it is going to be like when we drop her off at college.
   This video isn’t a first for this week.  She’s been sucking on my finger for a while, now.
   We’ve started calling her a little gremlin.  I think this is because of the look in her eyes.  Sometimes she sneezes/coughs and it sounds a little like Gollum from the LOTR movies.  Both my partner and I do Gollum’s voice at those moments.  I hope our daughter doesn’t hold this against us. 
   I didn’t have a lot of home videos taken of me when I was growing up.  I’m sure my parents had fun with me the way we’re having fun with (making fun of) our daughter.  The joys of modern technology now give us the opportunity to document these precious moments and show them to the future partners of our children.  It has never been so fun to be an ass.   

No comments:

Post a Comment