... Or parenthood from the male perspective.

... Or parenthood from the male perspective.

Friday, July 15, 2011

Week 14 Day 2

   I hope that I can be a little like the father in this story: http://gamesbyemail.com/WoodTape/Default.htm
   Kids are smart if we let them be.  If my kid ever asks me for the “wood tape” or any other nonsensical item, I hope to have the patience to go along with their plan, no matter how outlandish is seems. 
   In my line of work, I don’t really get to use the word “no” and that is a great thing.  When confronted with a challenge, the answer should never be “no”.  I hope to respond with “what are we really trying to do?” or “how else can we accomplish this?”
   Kids can seriously teach us a few things about doing the impossible or looking at things in a different way.
   Kids are not asses.  It is not possible.  So at what age do we become eligible in ass-ness?

1 comment:

  1. Drew still calls it a "turning signal". I love that, and somehow I don't feel the need to make him say turn signal. It is to signal turning, after all. With my noun lack, I have been known to call a calculator an "adder upper thingy." Have you read The Help? The maid tells her charge everyday: You is kind. You is sweet. You is smart. You is important." Now that's valuable to a child.

    ReplyDelete