... Or parenthood from the male perspective.

... Or parenthood from the male perspective.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Week 11 Day 7

   Almost half of marriages end in divorce these days.  And everything I’ve read indicates that maintaining a happy marriage is much more difficult after having children.
   Again, I KNOW things are going to be hard from here on out.  And I KNOW that I DON’T know how hard it’s going to be.  But I don’t see how couples can accept divorce as an option without trying everything in their power to maintain happiness with their partners.  Of course, this means talking with and listening to your partner which is maybe something that is being overlooked in marriages that I see spiraling downwards.  Admittedly, if one member is unwilling to meet the other halfway, I guess divorce is inevitable.
   My partner and I have had our ups and downs over the last decade just like everyone else.  But not being an ass means listening to your partner’s needs and wants and being willing to give a little of yourself so that you can both be happy. Maybe I'm just naive... or an ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment