... Or parenthood from the male perspective.

... Or parenthood from the male perspective.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Week 11 Day 3

   We’re in the 12th week now.  See photo: (Not our baby!)

Along with a quite visible baby bump I’ve noticed some other effects that I only would have noticed after reading it in several books.  If not for those, I wouldn’t have thought anything about it.
   More saliva.  I’ve watched my wife wiping spit away from the corner of her mouth more and more lately.  Then I remember reading that increased salivation can occur for a couple of reasons.  Less swallowing because of nausea or hormones are two possibilities.  “They” are still not really sure why it happens.  But it’s normal.
  This, in my opinion, also has the effect of lowering my partner’s self esteem as she sees it as being unattractive.  Or in her words: “I’m disgusting!”
   And I’d be an ass if I didn’t say that even with the extra spit, my wife is still beautiful and I’m very proud of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment