... Or parenthood from the male perspective.

... Or parenthood from the male perspective.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

19 Days Old


Wow.  Nothing (yet) makes me feel more like an ass than my infant daughter getting a diaper rash in the first 3 weeks.  Lots of things can cause this.  We chose the cloth diaper route and discovered that if not laundered correctly, the diapers can lose absorbency.  But what it still comes down to is our daughter was sitting in her own human waste for too long.  So yeah… Welcome to Asstopia.
   Fortunately, I’m assured that every parent experiences this.  Or maybe that’s what everyone is saying to make me feel better.  Hard to feel better about this:

Okay, so she’s just being a little fussy here.  As you can probably tell by our snickering in the background.  But rest assured, I really DO feel like an ass when she is wailing to the point that she can't catch her breath.  I don't think I could bring myself to actually record that.  
   This was actually a couple of days ago and for those of you who were about to call Child Protection Services on me, she's already better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment