... Or parenthood from the male perspective.

... Or parenthood from the male perspective.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Week 18 Day 5


   The baby is moving quite a bit now and my wife can feel it regularly.  I’ve felt it too.  At first I couldn’t tell if it was just the pulse in my hand but the little guy/gal was really moving around today.  This is an amazing and wonderful experience. 
   Now that we’re in week 18 my phone app tells me the baby is 7.8 inches long and weighs between 7.1 and 8.5 ounces.  So according to the list I posted back in week 10, it is roughly the size of safety goggles.  I may have to revise this list at some point to make the weights more accurate.
   Feeling the fetus move is a very humbling, joyous and inspiring event.  I can only imagine the feeling of another living entity inside of you.  Completely dependent on you for everything yet oblivious to what lies beyond for another 20 weeks or so.
   Truly amazing and not assy at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment