... Or parenthood from the male perspective.

... Or parenthood from the male perspective.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Week 12 Day 6

   Busy weekend.  Way behind on blog entries.  Here’s what I did:
Before

After

   I think not letting my wife and future child fall through the holes in the deck gives me bonus points towards not being an ass.  However…
   I more than lost those points tonight at dinner after making a remark that went something like this:
“Oh, YOU look pregnant!”
   Of course, this comment came right after a remark she made about being in this in-between phase where she is just barely starting to show but not so much that it is obvious.  Therefore, someone who wouldn’t know that we are expecting might think she has just gained weight and is not, indeed, pregnant.
   So in a misguided effort to be supportive I believe I said something like in the above quote.  In fact, it might have been those exact words.  And inflections….  Oops.  My bad
  Ummm… sorry.  Total ass.  But doesn’t that new deck look pretty?!

2 comments:

  1. You did this is in a weekend??? It would have, actually it did, take us a MONTH to build a deck. You are SO not an ass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again. And as you know, the backyard is a work in progress and always will be. We wanted to get the raised beds in but ran out of funds and time. And before long, the little one will want a playground or swing set or trampoline or olympic sized swimming pool.

    ReplyDelete