... Or parenthood from the male perspective.

... Or parenthood from the male perspective.

Friday, June 24, 2011

Week 11 Day 1

   I know it’s hard not to be an ass.  But that shouldn’t keep us from aspiring to do the right thing.  No, I’m not always going to do the right thing.  I may not be willing to make one sacrifice over another.
   But the one constant I have in this universe is my partner.  We’ve been together for about 12 years and just decided in the last year to have our first child.  I wouldn’t give that time up for anything.  We are both completely different people than we were those 12 years ago and I really like the couple we’ve become.
   I also love that our family is going to increase by one next year.  But that won’t change the time we’ve had together and who we are because of it.
   I am fully aware that when the child comes, I may have to make sacrifices for the child that my partner will have to deal with.  And I will make sacrifices for my partner that my child will have to deal with.  It’s not one or the other.
   I’d rather be a little bit of an ass to everyone in my life rather than a total ass to some and ‘perfect’ for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment