... Or parenthood from the male perspective.

... Or parenthood from the male perspective.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Week 10 Day 5

   So there is a generation of young adults out there now that belong to the “millennial” generation and there is quite a bit of literature written about them.  But there is a great article (Here) that I feel explains how they got to be the way they are.  It basically says that the last generation of parents were so protective of their children that they did everything in their power to keep their child from harm or discomfort.  The author argues that this makes the child insecure and unable to deal with issues as they arise because the issues were always handled for them.
   Makes sense to me.  But I know it’s easier said than done.  I just hope that when the time comes and my child falls down and skins their knee, I have the strength to acknowledge their pain without kissing it away.
   Side note, VonBebe (a nickname for our growing offspring) is about 2 ½” so I have a long ways to go before it skins a knee….  Right.  I suspect the next 6 months will disappear in a heartbeat.  Which the fetus now has and we might even be able to hear at our next appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment