... Or parenthood from the male perspective.

... Or parenthood from the male perspective.

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

29 Weeks Old

All hands on deck!
 Today was truly a momentous day.  Von Bebe's first afternoon at daycare went... pretty well.  My wife was on her way to pick up the child when I got a call from the provider suggesting she has had enough for one day and really misses her parents.  I am assuming this will get easier but I am really glad we decided on a couple weeks of half days before separating VB from her parents for more than 4 hours at a time.
   We are assured by other parents that extensive crying is mandatory for the first few days.  Hopefully, this does not make us asses.  I can't imagine that wanting to be home with your child as much as possible makes one an ass, but I can definitely see the advantage of starting daycare earlier when awareness hasn't fully developed, yet.  Whatever, I'm still glad to have had as much time at home as I have had this summer.
   How else could I get this quintessential laundry basket shot.
I'd like to take a quick second to point out a couple of links I've added to the right.  These are great resources for dads who don't want to feel like a complete schmuck.  Thankfully, there is a lot of great advice and information to be had that is better than the usual "you should volunteer to do the vacuuming once in a while" crap that is found in most books.  I find it appalling that fathers still need to be told this.  
   And if you're a father who is offended by the prospect of actually doing some housework, you're probably not reading this... and you might be an ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment