... Or parenthood from the male perspective.

... Or parenthood from the male perspective.

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Week 35 Day 1


   There are a great many resources out there for pregnant moms and moms-to-be.  And there are beginning to be excellent sources for impending fathers to seek help as well.  But there aren’t nearly as many for us.  Not sure why other than the decades of cultural programming telling us that the woman stays home with the children while the man earns the money.  Yeah…  I guess that’s pretty much the reason.
   Thank goodness for the 21st century, right?  Someone might want to tell that church in Kentucky what year it is.  And make sure they know it’s 2011, not 1911.
   But I digress.  I was talking about excellent resources for dads-to-be.  Sources like Empowered Papa.  I feel fortunate to be able to find guys who feel the same way I do.  It’s refreshing after slogging through all the ‘expectations’ (or lack thereof) that people have of me and my role in the birth of my child.  On the other hand… with the bar set so low, I could really excel without even trying very hard, right? 
   But that would make me an ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment