... Or parenthood from the male perspective.

... Or parenthood from the male perspective.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Week 31 Day 2


   I would like to thank everyone out there for being an ass on my behalf.  I’m talkin’ about you, B-Dub.  You can get away with saying things that I just can’t.  Like commenting on how slowly my wife climbs stairs, for instance.  Or mentioning the drool factor.
   I tend to be a bit sarcastic.  (No, really!)  So I look forward to the day when I get to be an ass on behalf of some other poor guy who barely knows what he’s getting into.
   Nine –ish weeks to go.  We are definitely freaking out a bit.  But the first installment of our birthing class last Saturday assured us that we are on the right track.  Much of the information was review for us and we came away feeling confident, knowledgeable and validated that we can do this.  It’s such a good feeling and I still don’t understand guys who don’t want to play a more active role in the birth of their child or what their partner is going through. 
   I take much of this for granted as I am reminded often that I am in the minority.  Call me the 1% I guess.  But I feel like terms such as vernix, meconium, mucus plug, placenta previa among others should be something we all know something about.  Would you walk into a job interview without knowing the responsibilities of the job?
   But hey, I guess that’s just me… trying not to be an ass.

2 comments:

  1. vernix, meconium, mucus plug, placenta previa... Say these words really loud in a grocery store; I dare ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. All the men will be scratching their heads and their wives will have very quizzical looks on their faces.

    ReplyDelete