... Or parenthood from the male perspective.

... Or parenthood from the male perspective.

Saturday, June 4, 2016

Summer Time

Two words: Pig Train.
That is all you need to know. Well... Ok, a bit more information might be helpful.
We spent the day at a "Berries, Brew and Barbecue" event at French Prairie Gardens in St. Paul, OR. Despite the 100 degree day and my seasonal allergies making my nose leak like a sieve, it was a blast!
   From the moment we got there and purchased our fun bracelets ($5 each) it was all about the pig train. The little one couldn't get enough of this thing. I honestly couldn't guess how many times she rode the thing. And there were a few times that she and her friend were the only ones on it and the drive of the tractor didn't stop at the usual spot and hey just went around the track again. The big smile on her face was probably only matched by the one on mine.
   Then there was a fairly large slide that required burlap blankets to ride down on. I thought for sure this would be too scary but it happened so fast that I don't think my daughter had time to freak out. In fact, we did it a second time. And even came back to it a couple times later in the day.
   I've never picked strawberries before and I'll be the first to admit that they are a pain. in. the. ass. But the were also the absolute best strawberries I've ever tasted in my life. Not exaggerating.
   The duck races were also popular.
   Between the good food, fun events, strawberries and refreshing beverages there is a good time had by all who go here. My only hope is that the hundred degree temps today scared everyone off. There was hardly anyone there which made it great for us, but I hope they pick up more patrons in the next couple of weekends. 
   So if you're looking for something to do in the next weekend or so, I strongly recommend this place. 




No comments:

Post a Comment