... Or parenthood from the male perspective.

... Or parenthood from the male perspective.

Thursday, May 3, 2012

16 Week 3 Days old


   I’ve had Paul Simon’s Father and Daughter stuck in my head all day.  Songs didn’t use to have an effect on my like they do now.  Also, sitcoms or movies with fathers and daughters cause a similar gut wrenching emotional response.  Even shows like Castle move me in ways that I didn’t think would happen a year ago.  However, I imagine that Schwarzenegger’s Commando (boy, that took me back) or True Lies would not have the same outcome.  Maybe it’s because I could never see myself in the shoes of the characters filled by Arnie.  Or maybe it’s because he’s a Hummer driving stogie chomping republican.  Not that I could ever see myself in the shoes of Fillian’s Castle, either.  But sleuthing my way through crimes seems nicer than blowing up the world.  It sets a better example for my daughter as I attempt to not be an ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment