... Or parenthood from the male perspective.

... Or parenthood from the male perspective.

Friday, April 13, 2012

13 weeks 4 days old


How not to be an ass?  Sing to your baby daughter.  Sing loudly.  Sing unabashedly.  I won’t torture you or embarrass myself with a video.  But here is my wife singing to our daughter.  This is what years of vocal work sounds like.  (even 4 years out of practice)
   Awesome.
Being smart, my wife sings appropriate tunes.  When I do it, I find something I like or something very random.  Particle Man by They Might Be Giants usually makes her happy, but not nearly as much as the Proclaimers.  Then I look up the rest of the lyrics and find just how inappropriate these songs are.  While I would walk 1000 miles for Von Bebe, I don’t think I’ll be getting drunk with my daughter… ever.
   I’m a little concerned with the fact that I am shy about how I sing to my daughter publicly because I don’t want her to develop the same sense of self consciousness.  Any ideas how to break out of that shell and keep from being an ass? 

No comments:

Post a Comment