... Or parenthood from the male perspective.

... Or parenthood from the male perspective.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

10 Days Old

   Von Bebe has changed a lot in the very short time she's been with us.  It seems like 10 days isn't much time for things to happen, but it is.  Just tonight she was looking off to my left when I had her in my lap.  I put my finger in front of her face and she actually tracked it!  Or maybe it's because she's hit that phase where she'll wake up for 2 hours at a time at 2am and sucking on my finger is one of the few ways I can get 20 minutes of calm.  Here's something I never thought I'd hear myself say to my wife:  "Want me to give our daughter the finger?"
   Music is another way to calm her.  Well, maybe it's another way.  One night when she was being a little ornery I started plinking away at our digital piano which totally knocked her out.
This, of course, gives me hope of her becoming some kind of musical virtuoso.  But really, I don't want to put that kind of pressure on a 10 day old infant.  ANY kind of virtuoso would be fine.
   What makes me more of an ass, putting unreasonable pressure on my child or being sarcastic?


No comments:

Post a Comment